Just like eating a healthy diet and taking regular exercise, visiting your dentist on a regular basis should be an essential part of your health care routine. At Liverpool Smile Studio we believe good oral health isn’t just important in terms of having a beautiful smile – it is also vital to your general health and wellbeing.
Our Liverpool dental practice welcomes new patients for general as well as cosmetic dentistry. Standard advice is to visit your dentist for a check-up every six months; some people need to come more or less frequently, and you should always do as your dentist advises.
Liverpool Smile Studio has a firm focus on preventative dentistry – stopping problems before they start. If any issues do arise, it is best to treat them early. The only way you can ensure your oral health remains in good condition is to regularly visit your dentist.
We operate a ten-point oral health check as part of your general dental check-up at Liverpool smile studio. When you come in to see us, your dentist will:
- Thoroughly check your teeth for any signs of decay.
- Look for any areas of plaque or tartar, and assess the effectiveness of your brushing/flossing.
- Check for signs of wear and tear on the teeth, from tooth grinding, acid erosion, or incorrect/over-vigorous brushing technique.
- Check the health of your gums and the surrounding jaw bone.
- Carry out a full mouth oral cancer screen.
- Examine the intra- and extra-oral soft tissues for signs of disease or infection.
- Carry out a risk assessment on the strength and positioning of your teeth.
- Check and record existing fillings, looking out for fractures or ledges.
- Check and record existing restorations: crowns, veneers, bridges, or dental implants, for fit, appearance, and function.
- Assess any dentures for fit, appearance and function.
If we notice anything of concern, your dentist will provide advice and/or treatment as needed. Our goal at our Liverpool clinic is to get you back to full oral health and keep you there, so that you can reap the benefits of a healthy mouth for years to come.