Regular visits to your dentist and hygienist aren’t just important for your oral health; they play an important part in looking after your general health and wellbeing, too. Liverpool Smile Studio welcomes new patients of all ages, from children to senior citizens and everyone in between, for general dental check-ups and preventative treatment.
Indeed, we have a firm focus on preventative dentistry at our Liverpool practice. The aim of preventative dentistry is to stop problems arising in the first place, as well as enabling your dentist to treat them promptly if they do occur.
Tooth decay and gum disease are leading causes of tooth loss. When you lose your teeth it can cause problems with your diet and can affect your speech and confidence. Numerous studies have linked gum disease to a whole host of general health conditions, too, ranging from rheumatoid arthritis to strokes, lung disease to premature birth and/or low birth weight in babies whose mothers suffered from the condition.
Visiting both the dentist and hygienist at our Liverpool dental practice on a regular basis is the best way to prevent tooth decay and gum disease. If you are already suffering from either condition, your dentist can help you back to oral health.
At Liverpool Smile Studio the dentist provides every patient with a thorough oral health assessment. This will include:
- Checking the condition of your teeth and gums, and using early detection techniques to spot signs of gum disease and dental decay even before you’ve had any symptoms of note.
- Checking the condition of any pre-existing restorations such as fillings, crowns, or veneers
- A risk assessment on the strength and position of your teeth.
- An assessment of your current brushing and flossing technique.
- For patients who have lost some or all of their natural teeth, an assessment of the fit, function, and appearance of your dentures.
We also check for mouth cancer as standard at our Liverpool dental practice. Oral cancer has a high ratio of deaths to cases diagnosed, but spotting the early signs will enable you to get prompt treatment form a hospital consultant.